Monday, March 23, 2009

I Began to Love...

in a state of chaos
flooded by emotion and
jeweled in complexity
Love is a puzzle of misshapen pieces
and I am far from an architect
Nevertheless...
I continued to love
in an unhealthy solitude
muting sounds and patterns that lacked her allure
All I wanted to hear was
Love's beautiful voice
but it was deafening
and I could not make sense of her vibrations
rapid and slow
high and low
without distinct transitions
and unfortunately I did not possess the ability to conduct
Even still...
I am in love
sorting through the past
examining today
(tomorrow is ripe...I can taste her)
I revolve her name in and out of me
21 times a day
allowing her to run through me with obnoxious intent
I am not a masochist
I am hoping to find clear and open spaces
for Love to rest her reckless soul

2 comments:

  1. Love is hard to grasp sometimes isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to print this one out and read it up close.

    What an incredibly deep description of, what I interpret to be, distant love that penetrates with incessant depth. To me, the voice of this piece emanated a touching vulnerability that exposed a side of your writing I’ve only seen sporadically throughout your work. Talk about range!

    “I couldn’t make sense of her vibrations
    Rapid and slow
    High and love
    And unfortunately I did not possess the ability to conduct”

    This combination of words took me to a place where I could literally place a conductor attempting to balance two people in an untimed dance that keeps steady and strong but lacks the rhythm such circumstances can’t seem to live without. Beautiful! Kudos once again Yoli.

    ReplyDelete