Saturday, February 21, 2009

Distracted by...

the beautiful things that command my attention over beauty less obvious.

Layering...

I get so caught up in one of many layers, that when I finally move on and take it in as a whole, it's confusing.

It's no longer what I desired because there is more than the beauty I was distracted by.

I'm so focused on what I find most appealing that I put all other senses on pause...in the moment.

I am in love with the sound of your voice on the phone, which may be less obvious face to face because I'm distracted by your eyes, gestures and touch.

I am infatuated with the arrangement of music, that hard hitting bass line...so much so that I barely noticed the lyrics.

When I finally saw past the gestures and the sound of your voice, I heard your thoughts. Your narcissistic, shallow thoughts.

When I zoned out, the bass line became dull and I heard the lyrics. The raunchy arrangement of words that spit on the significance of the music.

Ignorance is interchangeable with distraction...
and it can be bliss.

I got beside myself...I almost forgot my own layers. The less than beautiful layers that are not far from the surface.

I came back...focused.

I heard the beauty in your voice, noticed the charm dancing through your gestures and came to understand you are proud of who you are.

I listened again and felt the expression in the beats, I moved with the bass line and understood that the artist has the same freedom of expression as I.

3 comments:

  1. Ahh, sweet distractions...the tornado of emotions and desires...me likey :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know all about distraction, but focus is the name of my game today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl you have such a way with words!

    ReplyDelete