Friday, July 24, 2009

Here Are Some Words...

(I seem to have misplaced the others)
and these will have to do...
do for me in ways
that you cannot
Embrace me in their rhythms and intention
without mention
of how it could have been done differently
These words are few, but powerful...
rebuilding my hearts vocabulary...
leaving hints of you in verse
but never direct mention of
because you are incomplete...
without meaning
Meaning these words found me
despite your desperation
to silence me
(not a chance)
I dance circles around
the debris that has fallen from your ego...
words trying to find themselves
after being tarnished by your recklessness
My words...
reclaiming me...
just as I have
And now that I've used them...
take what you will...
there's more where I come from...
simplicity is a beacon
on my tongue
and becomes blinding emotion
once it lands into the universe
Do you feel it?
That heave in your hollow chest...
and dilation of those empty, black orbs
suggest you did
And it's only sending the words back to me...
full force
Of course it would...
they were never yours
to begin with

No comments:

Post a Comment