Friday, May 8, 2009

It Haunts You...

the way I use to
look at you
the nights when I would
scream for you
breathing softly on that spot while you
caressed me
and now you linger in thought
begging for a clear picture
of what once was...
we were
and it haunts you
the way I would smile
when you walked through the door
sun, moon and stars
words of passion would slip through my hands
when I reached for you
butterflies and coy glances
does it hurt you now
to close your eyes
and be surrounded in memory
haunted by me
time fades in fractions
but today you still feel
each curve of my body
the comfort of my voice
my words
my lips
my kiss
and it haunts you

4 comments:

  1. I love this one, I love your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Solomon! That means a lot to me...I really appreciate that and I'm glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um.....DAMN! wow lady...i'm not even sure what to say about this one but here goes:

    the physical descriptions you use here, at first seem to take over the poem in an intense and beautiful way...but then your flow creeps in and damn! You tangle these words together in way that fixates the eyes, heart and mind all at once. You are able to take the simple complexities of a word and combine them with such a powerful experience through each and every line. All of which creates, for me, an experience of true physical release and emotional transcendence. Something that hits deep and truly does haunt. You do that with your WORDS! wow. that's all i got...wow:)

    ReplyDelete