Monday, April 27, 2009

This Moment Feels So Good…

that I want to make it tangible
I want to hold on to this feeling
even after this moment has passed
I do not wish to think back
with only the gesture of a memory induced smile
I want to literally feel the energy then
as I can feel it now
No matter what the future holds for us
I want the option to go into my box of tangible things
Pushing aside the love letters and photographs
I want to retrieve this emotion...
a feeling I know will never be duplicated
could never be replicated
and is too complicated for time to capsule
I need this moment to be tangible
because I know forever is not

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the last line of this piece makes every other word glow in the most profound way. wow, Yoli, I love the visualization you create here of making a feeling or emotion or a moment something you can tuck away into a box and hold on to forever....for the very understanding that "forever" is so intangible. wow, really beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Mollikins! I'm so glad you enjoyed this piece (((big hugs)))!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful. Holding on...Wouldn't it be wonderful if you could trap a certain feeling away in a jar and screw the lid on tightly and save it for a rainy day? Nice work sweetness. --J

    ReplyDelete