Thursday, April 16, 2009

She Reached For Me...

off the page
begging me to hear her story
and to let the tears fall as they may

I gave her my all...
line for line
listening to her heartache
scrambling to read in between
over and under
each word

Her story pulled me in so deep
that I became a character...
a fixture in the background
without a voice
because she just wanted me to feel
the truth of her matter

Page after page
I felt more transformation...
I became her

Her words found a home
deep in my bones
and thoughts raced through my mind
in her voice
Her story became my emotion...
I felt it with her

I read her
line for line
until we closed our eyes
simultaneously
and I promised to never let her go

I will never let her go...
Poetry N. Prose

Happy Poetry Month!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment