Saturday, September 3, 2011

Healing Self...

If you believe, as I do, that we are made of energy, surrounded by energy, and all things are energetic – it is then feasible that we can utilize energy to heal ourselves; body, mind, and spirit.

In my quest to heal myself, I became a certified Reiki Practitioner (RP), and incorporated daily meditation into my life. Not only have I noticed change and growth within myself, I have also become more aware of all that surrounds me. Even more, I’ve become conscious of the energy I put out into the universe, and the energy that invades my space. We affect everything, and with that comes great responsibility.

One of the most significant challenges I’ve been faced with is recognizing and attempting to let go of my ego. Ego seems to be in constant conflict with the heart, with truth, and with the higher self. With this, I have found it essential to think about the ‘why’ and reasoning behind my actions; to be honest about the consequences of my actions; and ultimately act in kindness, always. This practice has helped me check my ego on several occasions.

Another tool I’ve used in my healing practice is to recite the mantra, ‘Just for today…’ which is the first line of the Reiki Principals (…I will not be angry. I will not worry. I will be grateful. I will do my work honestly. I will be kind to myself, and all living things.). That phrase alone has helped me to be present. It can be challenging not to think about tomorrow, to let go of yesterday, or to maintain balance of emotions. Being present helps create awareness and helps reduce unnecessary stressors that we place on ourselves.

Then of course, there is importance in balancing oneself: balance of mind, body, and spirit. As I mentioned above, I practice Reiki and meditation, daily, in order to heal. This includes balancing flow of energy, opening and aligning chakras, elongating moments of inner-peace, and grounding.

Healing yourself is one of the greatest gifts you can give yourself. Take time everyday to connect with body, mind, and spirit. Find harmony in balance.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment