Saturday, February 6, 2010

I cry for you...

and I don’t even know you
Can’t recall your voice
and have no memory of
your face
I am suddenly and
unwillingly
aware of your absence
Did you say goodbye?
Why did you choose to go?
Who were you…
before it all fell apart?
I have far too many questions
to count
and wouldn’t know what to do
with the answers
if
they were ever given
I don’t want to create an image
based on other’s perceptions…
I don’t want edited versions of the truth
sown empathetically as whole
and
I don’t want a picture painted
with contrived shades of you…
They do not know which colors
would have captured
who you should have been
to me
So I cry for you…
for the memories that have
escaped me
and those that
never reached us

6 comments:

  1. Touching prose.

    Crying for love?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Don!
    Thanks for the comment. I guess you could say "crying for love" in a sense, but I wasn't thinking in those exact terms. Interesting though...it works.

    ReplyDelete
  3. huh...these words speak for many of us i am sure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope so, MoMo! I love how each piece can embody different interpretations than I was feeling/thinking. That's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so so so beautiful

    ReplyDelete