Monday, January 4, 2010

One Piece Too Far...

from whole
while past conversations
echo
too few and far in between
Even your scent
dances relentlessly
on my pillow
and there’s no promise
of one last
anything

Without the excitement
of waves
calm and crashing
or romantic winds
caressing me
as I fall…
I want it all
even more

Close enough
to taste
but not mine enough
to touch
and all at the expense
of certainty

Free will
Has given a permission
that rivals fate
and smirks
unjustly
in the eye of destiny…

All I have to do
is remain
motionless
to find joy in
partial numbness
or let go
of what I cannot have
entirely

3 comments:

  1. i almost want to use this. sometimes your writing is like a song...it gives me that feeling like it was written just for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. inspired by a situation a friend is going through...

    ReplyDelete